Taking Australia’s timber to the world: Sustainable for life.
During the mid 90’s, with a view to expanding our horizons, Blacktown Timber began promoting Australian timbers into the China market. After a number of years liaising with Chinese-based manufacturers and raising awareness of the many benefits associated with Australian timber, we became actively involved in the exporting of a variety of softwood and hardwood species.
Our strategy was, and remains to be, to provide a specialised ‘end to end’ service for our export customers.
This involves not only understanding and investing in our chosen markets but also working closely with our customer base to ensure we maintain an understanding of their business and are consistently meeting and/or exceeding their export requirements.
This 'customer first' philosophy, we feel, is what separates us from our competitors.
Key elements in our success:-
• 5 generations of timber knowledge/expertise
• Close working relationship with Austrade
• Well established supply lines to all Australian timber species
• Storage and container loading facilities at all major Australian ports
• Regular attendance at all local and selected international Furniture Fairs
• Accredited premises for AQIS (Quarantine) inspections