Cherish our resource and use it wisely
Blacktown Timber is committed to sourcing and supplying only those timbers meeting the strict policies of sustainable forest management. In adhering to this commitment, we support the principles of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) and the criteria of the Australian Forest Certification Scheme (AFS®). This ensures the forests from where we source our timbers are guaranteed for the long-term, providing a renewable resource whilst simultaneously protecting and managing the environment.
Timber is our passion, which is why we adopt the policy of; 'cherish our resource and use it wisely'.
Blacktown Timber has been awarded the prestigious Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) Chain of Custody certification for the sustainable procurement and production of forestry products. Recognised under the Australian Forestry Standard (AFS®), Blacktown Timber also meets the requirements of certification via the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification™ (PEFC™), a clear demonstration of our commitment to source product from only sustainably managed forests.
Chain of Custody Certificate - FSC CoC
Chain of Custody Certificate - PEFC CoC
During the production of comparitive construction materials, one tonne of:
* Concrete emits 159kg of CO2 into the atmosphere
* Steel emits 1.24 tonnes of CO2
* Aluminium emits 9.30 tonnes of CO2
* Wood has sequestered (absorbed and stored) a net 1.70 tonnes of CO2 over and above the energy expended in growing, harvesting and processing.
* Wood is good and should be utilised consistently and sustainably.